SEVEN SIGNS YOU NEED A NEW ROOF
How can you tell if you need roof repairs or a complete roofing replacement? All Roof Edmonton has some of the main signs that you need a new roof from a qualified roofing company in Edmonton, Alberta. Take a look below to see some of the major signs that your roof needs All Roof Edmonton repairs!
1. The Age Of Your Roof: Is your roof five years old and leaking? In this case, the problem is more likely related to the quality of the installation or even a defect in the materials rather than normal wear and tear. On the other hand, a 20-year-old roof with a couple problem areas is probably near the end of its lifespan and due to be replaced.
2. Curling Shingles: When shingles start to curl and lose granules, it means they’re past their prime. Pay special attention to the shingles that get the most sun since they’re more prone to curling. You should also consider the type of roofing materials you have. For example, an 80-year-old slate roof might have a few more decades of life ahead of it, whereas a metal roof in its eighth decade is well past its prime. Asphalt shingles are the most common roofing material due to their affordability and aesthetic appeal, and the latest generation of premium asphalt shingles are made to last up to 50 years with proper maintenance. It’s important to ask a roofing company for a professional assessment before you proceed with a roof replacement.
3. Compromised Roof Valleys: Roof valleys are located where the different parts of your roof come together. If shingles on the lower section of the roof are missing, water can corrode or rot the underlying support. Water is a powerful force — just look at the Grand Canyon for evidence of its persistent nature. Once it seeps beneath your roof’s shingles, it can quickly find its way inside, where it can cause serious damage and even health problems. If you see signs of moisture inside your home, including brown spots on the ceiling, peeling paint or mold, you should probably opt to replace your entire roof rather than attempt a patch or repair. Talk to a professional Edmonton roofing replacement contractor like All Roof Edmonton for assistance.
4. Broken or Missing Shingles: If you discover that one or more shingles are missing, there’s a risk that the underlying structure of your roof is compromised. Water & debris can build up underneath the broken shingles or cause further damage to areas that have missing shingles. Even if you might not have noted any leakage inside your house, it’s just a matter of time before damage appears. Call your experts at All Roof Edmonton and we will be ready to help with any roofing needs.
5. Worn Out Shingles: If you notice shingle granules in the gutters or at the end of your downspouts, it’s a sign that they’re worn out. A typical asphalt shingle is composed of three layers: backing material, asphalt and an outer layer of granules. The granules are what give asphalt shingles certain features as color and energy-efficient, reflective properties. Your expert roofing contractor, All Roof Edmonton, will take a look at this essential component, and whether or not loose granules are something you should worry about.
6. Seeing Daylight: If you’re in your attic and can see the light through any part of your roof, it may be time for a complete replacement. When you see light come in through these areas; roof vents, pipe boots, and other equipment are installed. These might include chimneys, bathroom fan vents, stovepipes, plumbing, heating/air conditioning vents and equipment, electrical service entrances, solar collection pipes, and TV aerials, it means that water can also get in, so the problem needs to be addressed immediately. If you only see one or two patches of light, you may be able to repair or replace the flashing around these areas on your roof, which would prevent light (and water) from continuing to enter.
7. You're Ready For Change: If you don’t like your current roof’s design or want to update your exterior’s appearance, new roofing is the way to go. Choose from the latest designs of tile roofs or shingles that will make your house more attractive and enjoyable.